If you’ve been to a music festival or a party, you’re likely to have seen people blowing up nang crackers. Maybe you even heard them called “Nanganators” or “Whippets”.
N2O, the pressurised gas stored in nang canisters, can be dangerous to your health if directly inhaled. It can freeze your mouth and airways.
What is a nang cracker?
A nang cracker is a slang name for a whipped cream dispenser. The nang (cream charger) used with the dispenser is made of food-grade nitrous oxide.
While nangs have become a favourite for many, they are also dangerous. Using a nang without the correct safety procedures can lead to injury, death and even poisoning.
In Australia, nangs are regulated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration, and their sale is only allowed by businesses that are licensed to sell them. These businesses must provide a warning about the dangers of using the product and how to use it safely.
Nangs can be purchased at supermarkets and drug stores and are sold in bulk for less than $1 per unit. They are not legal for sale to anyone under the age of 18.
Another reason why nangs are regulated is that they can cause noise pollution. The hissing sound made by baking products that utilise nitrous oxide is loud and can be heard in homes, which can cause disturbance to neighbours.
Those who use nangs are advised to always filter the gas when they inhale it. This is because the gas can contain a variety of impurities, including industrial grease left over from manufacturing and tiny particles of steel from the pierced metal.
It is also worth remembering that banning nangs does not necessarily stop people from using them. In fact, research shows that interest in a drug can peak after media coverage. This means that prohibiting a drug can merely lead to more harmful unregulated products being produced.
What is the material making a nang cracker?
A nang cracker is a device that dispenses nitrous oxide (N2O) gas. N2O is a form of oxygen gas that can be used for a variety of purposes, including baking. N2O is also a powerful anesthetic and can be used as a propellant for aerosol products.
N2O is a very strong gas and can cause severe damage if it is exposed to heat or smoke. Therefore, it is best to use nang crackers when indoors and away from extreme temperatures. It is important to note that nang crackers are not designed to be thrown around as they can explode if they get knocked over or accidentally fall out.
Often people will utilise a nang cracker by simply blowing up a balloon and inhaling the gas through it. This is a popular method because it is the safest way to get high and can produce more effects than other methods.
However, some people have been reported to have died from using nang crackers – including a teenager who was found dead on schoolies week in Australia last year. This is a tragic situation and one that has highlighted the dangers of N2O misuse.
N2O can contain a range of impurities, including industrial grease and small particles of metal from the cracking process. This is why it is recommended that nang crackers are filtered before use. In addition to this, some nang crackers also have a filter so that the N2O is dispensed into the balloon without any of the oily substance being released into your lungs.
What is the purpose of a nang cracker?
The nang is a small cylinder filled with highly pressurized nitrous oxide. It’s not the fanciest thing you’ve ever seen, but it’s an incredibly safe and efficient way to get high.
The most impressive feature of a nang cracker is the amount of nitrous oxide it can dispense – in a single blow. You can snag a nang for under A$10 at most supermarkets, although it’s not recommended to go hog wild with the stuff.
One of the best things about nangs is that they are a breeze to dispose of, unlike cigarettes and alcohol which you have to put out on your own. Having said that, there are some precautions you should take when storing nangs in your pocket or purse. The most important is to keep them in the coolest place you can.
It’s also a good idea to remember that nangs can be harmful when used in excess. A recent slew of media reports have linked the nang to the death of a Gold Coast teenager. Fortunately, this hasn’t put a damper on the nang frenzy.
What is the use of a nang cracker?
Nang crackers (also known as cream chargers) are small cylinders that contain food-grade nitrous oxide. The gas is commonly known as nitrous oxide or laughing gas and is used in some medical settings, such as for childbirth and dental procedures that don’t require an anaesthetic.
Despite their popularity, nangs can be dangerous when misused. They can cause breathing difficulties, vomiting, and collapse if used in excess. In some cases, they can even lead to fatal accidents.
The Australian Government regulates the sale and distribution of nangs through the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). Businesses that sell or import nangs must be licensed by the TGA, and all products must be labeled properly with their correct name, strength and quantity.
There are a variety of nang crackers available, with different models and designs. Some of them are made with stainless steel, and others are made of plastic. They can cost from A$10 to A$50, depending on the model.
While nangs are not illegal in Australia, they are prohibited for sale to people under the age of 18. Anyone found selling or importing nangs can face a fine and/or imprisonment.
N2O is a pressurised gas and can explode when exposed to heat or a fire. This is why it is important to store your nangs in a cool, dark place.
To ensure that your nangs are not filled with harmful impurities, you should filter them before using them. This is a simple step that can be done with a piece of fabric.
Unfortunately, there are reports of nangs cracking open and releasing a grease-like substance that is left over from the manufacturing process. This oily substance can then enter your lungs, where it can cause irritation and inflammation.
It’s also possible for nangs to break down and release tiny metal particles. This is a risk to people with asthma or other respiratory conditions, as well as those with metal allergies or who are sensitive to odours.
In some countries, nangs are banned altogether due to their negative impacts on the environment. The contents of a nang can end up in landfill if they are thrown away in large quantities, and can cause environmental damage.