According to reports, Canada is the best place in the world to learn and get a job while pursuing your education. Also, it improves the daily life of students because they make a solid income and can cover their costs.
When studying, students are exposed to many cultures, which encourages creativity and novel ideas. Also, it is well known that Canadian education is less expensive than US education. Here, education is both inexpensive and in-depth. Additionally, Canada is home to some of the best colleges and universities in the world for studying business analytics at the master’s level.
These institutions can routinely appear on rankings of top universities, such as those published by Times Higher Education, QS Research, etc. It is not surprising that every year, about 500,000 students from around the world come to Canada to learn, train, and earn due to the country’s political stability, stunning geography, strong legal system, and low crime rate.
Top Universities for Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
One of the strongest economies in the world today is Canada. Also, residents of Canada benefit from high living standards and a world-class educational system.
As a result, students who want to pursue a master’s degree in business analytics in Canada have access to a wide range of prestigious universities, including British Columbia, York University, UBC, HEC, Saint Mary University, and many others.
UBC’s Master of Business Analytics
Students who complete this 12-month program at UBC Vancouver will have a quantitative background and analytical skills that may be used to face the difficulties of the modern corporate environment. Also, individuals enrolled in programs designed to study business analytics will undoubtedly get closer to a lucrative profession in the field.
Saint Martin’s Master of Business Analytics
The 16-month, graduate-level MBAN program at Saint Mary’s University is designed to address the difficulties of data and analytics. In other words, the program produces excellent computer and data analysts who contribute to the success of the company.
York University’s Business Analytics Master’s program
York University offers a range of courses, from certificates to degrees to diplomas, for international students. At three different levels, there are 178 undergraduate certificate programs, 92 postgraduate diploma programs, and 41 Ph.D. programs to that interested and qualified students can apply. In Canada, the Schulich School of Business offers a 12-month full-time Master in Business Analytics program that equips students with the knowledge and abilities necessary to become BA experts. Also, after completing the course of study, the students receive the coveted SAS Certification. International students get access to inexpensive universities in Canada.
Queens University’s Master of Management Analytics program
The Canadian city of Kingston, Ontario, is home to Queens University. The two largest cities in Canada, Montreal, and Toronto are both accessible by car from the university. Visit the campus and tourist center, where there are numerous tours and open houses for students, to get all the information you need before applying. Almost 100 acres make up the main campus. Six libraries are part of a completely connected network on the campus, along with several outstanding museums and other facilities. The MSBA program at Queens University offers all the courses needed to fulfill certification criteria. Hence, you can complete a degree at the top of your field in just a year. You can work while enrolled in this full-time program.
Canadian Masters in Business Analytics Eligibility Requirements
The following general eligibility requirements apply to admission to Masters programs in business analytics at all of Canada’s major universities:
- To be admitted to an MSBA program in Canada, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree, preferably a four-year degree, in which they completed prerequisite courses in statistics, algebra, and calculus.
- Data analytics and programming knowledge are prerequisites.
- A GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, which translates to a percentage score of 76-81 percent and a letter grade of B or above, is also required for MSBA in Canada.
- GRE/GMAT scores and results from other English language tests including the TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE.
Document checklist for the Canadian Master of Business Analytics
several documents must be submitted with applications for master’s programs. To be admitted to the Masters of Business Analytics program in Canada, the following papers must be submitted:
- Transcripts: You must present certificates from previous institutions, mark sheets, and other paperwork. Several universities demand candidates’ authentic transcripts. Yet, some universities demand that candidates present original, certified copies of their transcripts.
- Language Proof: Foreign applicants who are not native English speakers are required to submit language proof. Results of standardized language exams may be submitted by applicants. The minimal score needed to enroll in a Master Business Analytics program in Canada is as follows:
- IELTS: 7.0 overall (with a band score of 6.5 each). Carleton University demands at least a 6.5 overall.
- TOEFL (iBT): 100 on the TOEFL (iBT) exam. A minimum total score of 87 is needed to enroll at Carleton University.
- LOR: Academic or professional letters of recommendation must be submitted by Masters in Business Analytics candidates. Two to three letters of recommendation are typically needed by institutions.
- Resume/CV: A current professional resume is also requested in addition to the application.
- SOP: Personal essays and declarations of intent are two examples of supporting materials that admissions officers may request.
Cost of Business Analytics Masters Program in Canada
- The University of British Columbia: Program Fee for MS in Business Analytics– $60,247.65
- Saint Mary’s University: Program Fee for M.Sc. in Computing & Data Analytics – $48,000
- York University: Program Fee for MS in Business Analytics – $ 84,100
- HEC Montreal: Tuition Fee for M.Sc in Data Science and Business Analytics- $30 000
- Queens University: Program Fee for Masters of Management Analytics- $79,900
For international students, living in Canada is significantly less expensive than it is in places like New York and London.
Thus, it is common for students to select on-campus housing during their first year of business school. This is so that they can accommodate their additional roommate in the dorm.
The cost of on-campus housing ranges from CAD$ 3000 to CAD$ 7500. The following are the typical rent prices for a three-bedroom apartment across several cities:
Jobs in Canada for business analytics graduates
In the world, Canada is the nation that welcomes immigrants the most. For instance, if you are an overseas student who completes a Business Analytics degree at a Canadian university, you have the right to work while enrolled in the program. Canada has excellent one-year master’s programs.
You are able to work part-time jobs with the aid of your study permit. You can also apply for a temporary work visa after completing your course, which will have an immediate influence on how long you can work in Canada.
Your work visa will therefore be valid for two years if you studied for two years. Nevertheless, you can extend your visa after it expires if you still wish to work in Canada.
Additionally, after meeting the minimal requirements for a Canadian stay, you might choose to apply for PR status.
Salary Expectations for Business Analysts
Professionals who graduate from prestigious universities like HEC, Saint Mary’s University, and UBC may expect to make an average income of between $30,000 and $65,000. Having stated that, obtain the following esteemed placements in Canada following a master’s in business analytics:
Major corporations like Amazon, HSBC Bank Canada, PwC, and Hoot Suite hired recent UBC graduates.
Students at Queen’s University at Kingston were chosen for placements by organizations like Accenture, General Mills, Coca-Cola, and Oliver Wyman.
Data has evolved into an omnipresent virtual quantity. Similarly to this, there is a greater need for business analysts, and Canada is now accepting both domestic and international students into its MS programs. In other words, it has developed into a desirable alternative for students who are provided with lucrative professional options as well after completing the program.
Above all, universities provide professional programs established and created by data science and analytics specialists. In other words, they are equipping students with the information and abilities required to quickly advance to a fantastic and prosperous job in business analytics.